Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Updates

When I left for work this morning, I was fairly certain I was going to come home to a pile of rubble down the block. There were many trucks parked in the street and much activity. I was not holding out hope. That said, I did notice one odd thing. The front porch light was on.

I thought to myself as I drove to work. Would the electrical still be hooked up if they were going to tear it down?

I just got home and held my breath as I turned the corner into my block. The house is still there.

There have been a few promising events.  In addition to the bulldozer (sign of a tear down), there is now a back hoe (sign of utility work).

Fingers crossed they are replacing the sewer (although that is serious equipment overkill). I'm not convinced, but am currently bargaining with God.

If this turns out to be whole scale utility replacement (some of the houses still have old sewers and non-copper gas lines), these will be my favorite new neighbors at the next block party and we will all laugh about how I thought they were going to tear down their house. I hope.

This coming weekend, I'm going to take my camera out on a bike ride and take some photos of this tear-down phenomenon in my neighborhood. You need to see the sheer horror of it all and why I panic whenever a small, vintage house goes on the market.

Then I promise I will pick up where I left off on the exterior work. I picked up a very cool purchase last weekend.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin