Friday, April 18, 2014

Bonanza of Junk

Last weekend I got a note from one of my Twitter pals over at Hirshfield's (my paint store) asking me if I could use a ticket to Junk Bonanza. They had an extra one.  I told them that I would love to put the extra ticket to use.

So, last Friday I buzzed down to Canterbury Park to check out the junk vendors.  I'm not a big buyer at these sales, but I love to look at all of the vintage merchandise and talk to the vendors. The people watching is also pretty spectacular.

I did manage to pick up a few items including some vintage zinc canning jar lids (I use them for storage in my kitchen) and a very cool brass garden hose sprayer ($5).

 

2 comments:

Alex Dent said...

I've got one of those brass garden hose sprayers and I've been using it off and on for years. Why off and on, because I'll get the notion in my head that one of those new fangled ones made out of plastic will be better and I use it until it breaks (they always break) and then I return to the old reliable brass sprayer. I hope you enjoy using yours for many years to come.

StuccoHouse said...

Alex - I thought the very same thing. I have a pile of broken plastic sprayers in my garage. Can't go wrong with brass.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin