Saturday, February 15, 2014

Out The Window

We have had a couple of very tragic building fires in Minneapolis already this year.  Yesterday, a fire in N. Minneapolis resulted in the death of 5 small children and a number of other people in that same family in the hospital with serious injuries.  It breaks your heart to see what happens when I fire breaks out in multilevel housing.

I moved into StuccoHouse at the end of October and that first year I received a Christmas present that has stayed untouched in it's box under a window on my second floor.  Its only recently that I've come to realize what a good present this was.

It is a ladder that hooks on a window sill and unfolds outside of the building bringing you much closer to the ground in the case of an emergency.  Mine is for a two story house, but they can be bought for taller buildings too.  They run in the ballpark of $40 to $60 on Amazon.  Money well spent, I think.

In taking the photos for this post, I realized that I had never actually opened the box and looked at the ladder itself. Probably not the greatest idea as I imagine the last thing you want to do in the middle of an emergency is sit down and read directions.

There ya go....an idea for next year's Christmas presents.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin