Friday, December 21, 2012

Little Pink Houses

After I had spent a few days in Helsinki, I decided to take the ferry over to the Fortress of Suomenlinna.  It's a UNESCO world heritage site. My "bucket list" includes visiting as many of them as I can.

So, I got off the ferry and started to walk in to see the sights on the island. The main attraction was supposed to me the military architecture. But, I found myself totally smitten with the vintage houses. Charming.

Arrival

Metal roof. The front doors are spectacular. And the trim around the windows. And the yellow paint.


Check out the details on the barge board and also the diamond design where the porch roof meets the wall. The windows are great too.


That top little window. The front doors, All of the trim. And, of course, the stair rails.

Pink and white. And those wonderful stair rails.


Also, check out the gray paint. Look familiar?

Swoon.

Look at the topc of the gutters on this one. And the window trim.


Oh yea, and there is a fort there too :)


Stunning scenery.

More details. More shades of yellow.


Lace curtains  Storms that swing out with interior windows swing in. Figurines in the top part of window.

Part of the Fortress.



2 comments:

. . . Lisa and Robb . . . said...

What's Finnish for oooh la la? Those railings are just delightful.

StuccoHouse said...

I know, right? I got giddy when I saw them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin