Saturday, April 02, 2011

Three More

Last November I pulled off the monstrous aluminum storms from three of my upstairs casement windows and had new wood frame storms made.  After spending a winter with the new storms, I am amazed at how much warmer & quiet the upstairs was all winter.

Well, today we hit 50 degrees....the tulips are coming up in my garden....so you can probably guess where I was this afternoon.....ordering new wood frame screens for those same three windows.  They will arrive in two weeks.



It's going to be awesome to have full screen (breeze) on those windows instead of the half glass, half crappy screen of the old storms. And, yes, once the snow is gone I plan on finishing stripping the wood trim and painting it.

Finally, to put things in perspective.....here's what the dormer looked like after I first pulled down the aluminum trim that covered all the exterior eaves (note the aluminum trim along the barge board). Slowly but surely, I have been making progress.

4 comments:

Ranty said...

Nice!

Reuben said...

This is really great. You're doing some fantastic work.

So the idea is that each spring/fall you'll swap out the glass storms for the screens? And whichever set isn't in use at the time just hangs out in the garage or something?

Stephania Andrade said...

Amazing home! Congratulations.
Do you have Twitter so I can stay updated on all your posts? What's the best way to contact you?

StuccoHouse said...

Ranty - Thanks!

Reuben - Exactly. I'm actually just replacing what was there originally. I'll keep the storms/screens for the upstairs in attic storage. I keep the storms/screens for my first floor in my basement.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin