Thursday, December 16, 2010

See Spot Run

Here is where things stand today. The good news is that I didn't come home to my living room plaster ceiling laying in soggy chunks on the floor. The bad news is my plan of active denial does not seem to be working.

I do have a roof rake.  Of course, I'd have to retrieve it from my garage currently buried in snow....and dig a path in my back yard to get to the garage. Or I suppose I could drive back there.

The roof rake is not an ideal solution for a few reasons: 1) I will need to get on a ladder to use it; 2) the roof on that section is curved, so I'm not sure it will do much; and 3) the roof in that spot is membrane and I'm worried it could tear if the rook rake goes rogue on me.

The only other option is to try to use the rake from the dormer windows. Probably a safer route and possibly an easier way to reach that spot. That said, I'm not sure I could get the angle (and strength) I'd need to actually get the snow to fall off of the side of the roof.

Wonder how much it would cost to just pay someone to do it.

Crap.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I feel you pain! This AM I woke up water dripping in through a window casing and a crack in my sun room (which has a flat roof)ceiling. Sun room roof has been shoveled. Tomorrow I try the roof rake on the rest of the house.

Kate H. said...

Broom from the dormer windows? Leaf blower, maybe? Whatever it takes to get the snow off ...

That one spot looks like your ceiling is trying to give you a pervy kiss. Yuck.

Kathy from NJ said...

I vote for hiring someone.

StuccoHouse said...

Elizabeth - I hope your raking, etc. goes well and you can solve the problem. It's not a good feeling, is it?

Kate - Excellent idea - the broom.

Kathy - It's still an option for later....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin