Friday, December 17, 2010

Run Spot Run

Here's what I like about having a house blog. My readers have a whole lot more confidence in my abilities than I have myself.

Today I woke with a mission. I pulled on my jacket, my mittens and my boots. I hauled my shovel upstairs. I took out those new wood storm windows and I shoveled snow off of my roof from the second floor windows.

I cleared the area where the water was seeping into my house. The last photo below shows the suspicious spot in the little metal gully where the shingles meet the membrane...directly above the water stains on my living room ceiling.

The sun was out today. When I came home later in the day, the ceiling water spots were the same size as they were yesterday. It may be just be my imagination, but they look like they might be a little lighter in color too.

Tomorrow, the plan is to haul the roof rake up there and try to remove even more snow.  We are talking a LOT of snow. I was even surprised to see about 2 feet of snow layered up there.

Now if you will excuse me...it's 7:30 pm and I am heading to bed. Weary. Fingers crossed.









4 comments:

Kate R said...

WHOA! That is a LOT of snow. It's hard to imagine 2' of snow until you actually see it, or a picture of it. I can definitely understand your reluctance to get out on the roof.

AJ said...

Show winter who is boss! What the plan to keep it clear until spring, just keep the shovel handy?

StuccoHouse said...

Kate - It is a lot of snow. The 5th highest recorded snowfall in MN.

AJ - I am trying :) The "plan" ended once that spot was cleared. We are in for a possible 8" more of snow tomorrow, so I suppose I should come up with some ideas on what to do until Spring. Ideas?

Greg said...

I could not imagine, but for some reason it seems like it would be fun. Of course, I'm laying on the couch with a sore back right now, so maybe it would be fun for only a little while. Maybe a season or two...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin