Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Shot From the Past

Here are some fun images of Minnehaha Falls, Minneapolis circa 1900. Not that I'm telling you how to decorate your house, but copies of these images can be purchased through the Library of Congress. Ha, now I dare you to follow the link and try to spend less than an hour looking through old photos.

Courtesy of the Library of Congress, Detroit Publishing Company Photograph Collection and photographer George Lawrence on the last photo.

LC-D4-70598


LC-D4-4862


LC-D4-33729


LC-D4-36268


LOT 12005, p. 4


PAN US GEOG

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those are great! It would be fun to find old photos of the neighborhood to hang in my home. I'd love to see what it looked like when the city still had streetcars.

StuccoHouse said...

Amy - Search your street....or the name of your neighborhood. They do have photos of streetcar lines and some individual houses. I search the name of my neighborhood, saw a house a few blocks down. I just about printed it out and stuck it in their mailbox, but decided that might come of a little stalkerish.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin