Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Place for the Plants

This is the vintage plant stand I picked up yesterday. I'm going to use it in my upstairs sun room. You probably don't know this about me, but I have a collection of vintage ceramic planters (currently sitting on the side of each step of my stairway).

Here's my question to you: Should I put a fresh coat of white or maybe really pale pink paint on it.....or leave it alone?  I am a fan of vintage, but not "shabby chic."  The paint is a little grungy and chipped in quite a few places.  I could go either way on this.  What do you think?

8 comments:

Leah said...

I love that! I'd probably leave it, until I got the urge to spray paint something :)

Kate H. said...

Is it likely to drip rust on your floor should you overwater? That might indicate repainting, or at least a satin clearcoat.

Looks like useful object, whatever you decide.

Mr Brown Thumb said...

I did not know that about you and I vote for the pale pink.

Bryan said...

I'd vote for repainting, since it didn't have any special finish or painting technique on it. I like the white - seems very appropriate for a sunroom.

Joanne said...

A coat of white would be nice.

Joe M. said...

Is this vinyl wrapped wire SH?...If not a big issue I would leave alone or if it is showing too much for you then white again. I think if you paint another color, wearing would show through..

StuccoHouse said...

Well, I gave it a fresh coat of white paint (although I have a can of light pink and may put that one later). I actually think someone was using it outside before I bought it. But, it looks all shiny and fresh again.

Joe - No, not the vinyl wrapped kind. I have no idea how old it is, but it is painted metal.

cheap kitchens said...

According to me,leave it alone and it looks very nice. but u wanna do something then A coat of white would be nice. Anyway, Thanks for sharing it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin