Monday, February 08, 2010

Blushing

Well, here's the new pink bathroom. I didn't realize what a nightmare painting a bathroom is. Lots of little nooks and crannies. It also dawned on me just as I started that I would need to prime the blue so it didn't show through the pink. Loads of fun.

It took me most of the day and well into the night (with brief breaks to whine and watch Super Bowl commercials). At about 1:30am I hit a wall and briefly understood why people just paint over hardware and light bases instead of removing them.

There is still plenty to do in the bathroom, but at least it is now pink (see the paint chip that has been taped to my wall since the week I moved into the house). The color is hard to capture on camera, but the photo with the shower curtain is closest to reality.

This is probably the closest I will ever come to a fully pink bathroom (I would kill for house with vintage pink sink, tub and toilet fixtures.)







9 comments:

Amy said...

Pretty! Of course you knew I'd say that. From the chip it looks like the color is quite similar to the one I used in my bedroom.

priscilla said...

That is the most beautiful vent cover I've ever seen. Is it original?

Omar said...

This is coming from a man -- I like it. :)

Laikabear said...

Beautiful!

artemis said...

That is an awesome register---if it's not original, where did you get it? (We need new ones since stripping ours failed miserably....had only seen the Mission Metalworks ones!)

This inspires me to get back on our bathroom project, though. Nicely done!

Joe M. said...

SH..I didn't paint my LR & DR until 9 yrs after I purchased my house (it took that long to get the backgrounds ready!) and the kitchen & laundry rm were painted last May...11 yrs later!...But, like you, I had chosen paints which I had to reselect(unlike B. Moore who keeps their colors FOREVER)..

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the great posts from last year! I look forward to reading your blog, because they are always full of information that I can put to use. Thank you again, and God bless you in 2010.

50s Pam said...

Very pretty!

StuccoHouse said...

Yikes. Realized I never responded to the questions on this post. Yes, the register is original - although I had it rechromed. Look for the "replating" label on the main page of my blog for the full story on that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin