Monday, January 18, 2010

Better Late Than Never

I *finally* finished putting up the filler pieces of ceiling tile in my kitchen (they were a big pain in the butt to cut and fit into place) and then got the whole thing painted.  I know, it took me a really long time to finish this. I agree. It's just such thankless work.

The ceiling is now a light sage green. It's hard to tell in the photos, but it's a lighter color of the green in the light shade. It's actually a 25% tint of the color I used in my dining room. The color also matches the wallpaper that will eventually go on the walls. The Benjamin Moore Super Spec paint was a dream to work with. Not a drop on me or the floor.

Next up is getting the crown molding cut. It's already stained and shellacked. I also need to get an electrician out to rewire the wall lights (the new ones match the ceiling light) and lower an outlet over the stove area. And of course, there is more paint stripping to be done.






15 comments:

Shy said...

Nice!

Amy said...

It's looking really great. The light fixture is perfect.

50s Pam said...

Looks great!

NV said...

VERY nice! I can so appreciate all of the effort that went into this from our own Michelangelo project in the kitchen and bath.

Now we have the family room to do ...

Jenni said...

Your ceiling looks pretty. I am jealous.

Anonymous said...

The ceiling tiles look great. Where did you get them?

StuccoHouse said...

Thanks all for the kind words. I do like how it's turning out. The ceiling tiles are made by Armstrong and are pretty widely available.

Tiny Oak Park Bungalow said...

I've never been a fan of those tiles when I've seen them in the box or in displays but they look great at your place. The fixture is pretty awesome too.

StuccoHouse said...

Tiny Oak Park - This is a long back story on me using those tiles (hit the "kitchen" label, if you're bored). My options were limited see back story). A real tin ceiling wasn't appropriate for my little abode, but the detail on these is so subtle...I'm happy with it.

Barbara said...

I found you via your "replating door hardware" page...I have to ask - how did you find someone to replate your stuff??
___
Barbara
http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com

StuccoHouse said...

Barbara - I can't remember how I found the guy who replated my hardware - (maybe the yellow pages?). I wasn't happy with him. If I had to do it over again, I'd call a local motorcycle shop (if they do custom work, even better) and ask who does their chroming.

MrBrownThumb said...

Hey Stuccohouse,

Love that ceiling. During a small remodel of our house I tried to convince the family to add one like yours. Didn't work, but nice to see yours.

Northland Stories said...

Whatcha up to these days Stucco? Do you have Spring fever .. or are you keeping your house projects secret? :) I'm so busy moving, unpacking, etc, that I don't have much to report but will crank up the power tools again here soon. Take care. -NS

StuccoHouse said...

Mr Brown - Thanks!

Northland - Just taking a little break. Things on the non-house front are busy. More updates soon... I have been watching your progress on your floors!

Ross said...

It is good to see the high quality of work you are doing on the register cover. I will last forever.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin