Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Small Stuff

Two minor events:

I was at Home Depot the other day and managed to charm the guy in lumber into cutting shelves for me to the exact size needed for my chimney cabinet.  I had been putting this off forever because I though it would involve hauling home a 4'x8' piece of plywood and having to cut it down. I have them sanded and primed. They are going to be painted vintage red.

The second advancement in home restoration this week was the arrival of longer nickel screws for my kitchen light fixture.  After I contacted them by email, Schoolhouse Electric was kind enough to send out a pair of screws to me. The light can now be installed. Hurrah!

2 comments:

Karen Anne said...

My True Value store cuts stuff to size.

StuccoHouse said...

The hardware stores around here are very accommodating, but none of them carry sheets of plywood. So, I was out of luck with them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin