Sunday, September 20, 2009

More Birch

Spending some time today stripping a vintage birch chimney cabinet I bought some years ago.  You can't tell in the photo, but the glass is original and wavy. I had new shelves cut yesterday.

It's the same wood as my kitchen cabinets, so I plan on shellacking it and using it in the kitchen. The shelves will be the same vintage red that is going on the kitchen's lower walls. I actually have the door and hardware already completed, but will share those photos with the rest.









2 comments:

Nina said...

Hi,

Looked over your blog and as you work on projects like the cabinet, you might want to check out our blogger contest on Old House Web. We’re running a best home blogger contest (for prize of $250 gift certificate to Lowe’s and chance to be a paid contributor to our blog) I think you’d be a great candidate. Please check it out:
http://www.oldhouseweb.com/blog/announcing-old-house-blogger-contest/

Di said...

I LOVE that little cabinet! I've seen chimney cabinets for sale around here a few times, but never one with glass in it. I'm jealous... It'll look great once you're done.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin