Monday, August 03, 2009

Chair Rail

I feel a little silly posting this as "progress," but I've learned that if I don't break things down into smaller steps......I'm left with writing one monster post trying to remember exactly what I've done.

So, this past weekend I stained the new chair rails for the kitchen. For whatever reason, one of the previous owners removed sections of the orignal birch chair rail. The carpenter who built my kitchen cabinet, also cut some replacement boards for me.

One issue with these boards is that they will meet the old chair rain in the corner over my sink. This means that the colors will have to match very well. I've done the base stain and will not do a multiple coat wipe on amber shellac finish. Fingers crossed.

The plan then is to paint below the chair rails & put up wallpaper above.

3 comments:

AJ said...

Oh I hate wallpaper. It never comes off as easy as it goes up.

Tiny Oak Park Bungalow said...

Don't feel silly. That's more progress than I've made in 6 months.

Garden Monkey said...

Excelsior!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin