Friday, March 06, 2009

A Pale Green

If you take a look at the drawing of the cabinet I am having built for my kitchen, you will see a small, vintage style flour bin on the left side of the counter top.

I have the hardware lined up for the cabinet hinges. I have the drawer pull,  and I'm working on the metal door latches. In the back of my mind, I always knew what I wanted for the flour bin.

When I bought my previous condo, there was a box of salvaged hardware in the basement storage area.  Some of it was leftovers from the kitchen cabinets....and some of it was just random.  I took the box with me when I moved.

The wallpaper that will eventually go into my kitchen is a green & red.  In the back of my mind, I remembered seeing a minty green, glass knob in the box. Tonight I went down to my basement, dug up that box, hunted through it, was was relieved to find the little glass knob.  Green.

Funny how things work out, huh?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE that wallpaper... and that knob is perfect for it!

Sandy said...

I love glass knobs. What a pretty green!

NV said...

Too cool! I love when things work out that way.

bungalowbliss said...

Kismet! That wallpaper is just darling, and the knob complements it perfectly.

StuccoHouse said...

I've had that wallpaper for 6 yrs now :-) I have to admit I am really liking the green knob.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin