Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Taking it Down

This year Christmas kind of snuck up on me. I did zero decorating, made one type of cookie and didn't send out cards. On the bright side, this means there is very little to clean up and store away.

My parents did give me a creche to use with one of my Nativity sets. It is the manger that was in our house when I was growing up. My dad made it based on the pattern of one made by my maternal grandfather.

Next year I promise to get some straw for it, so it doesn't look so bleak.

1 comment:

NV said...

I've had years like that! We did get ours up, though a bit late on the outside. We leave everything up until epiphany (Jan. 6). I think if we took it down sooner, my grandmother would come haunt us.

What a lovely manger and so great that it has family history, too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin