Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Snow

I woke up this morning in the wee hours to the sound of snow blowers and shovels. Ugh. I was dreading getting up because I knew what lay ahead for me.

Then I saw this.

One of my kind neighbors took a pass down the entire block with his/her snow blower. They even cleared the little walk to my car.



All I had left to do was shovel my steps down to the main sidewalk. Just the perfect amount of shoveling to get you outside but remain enthusiastic about the snow.

5 comments:

Mike said...

We got a snow day today without any snow actually falling. The quarter inch of ice is no fun, in spite of the kids sledding down the driveway and front hill.

Jason said...

Wow - any idea which neighbor it was? I hope you're baking little bags of cookies for the whole neighborhood, just in case.

StuccoHouse said...

Mike - Ice is far worse than snow. I don't mind driving in snow at all, but ice makes my knuckles white.

Jason - I haven't figured out who it was. There are a couple of guys on the block that seem to take turns on days where we get heavy snow or it falls early in the morning. Nice, huh? If I had a working oven, I would make cookies :-) I actually feel a little bad for the people across the street that don't have such a nice arrangement.

Josh said...

A metaphor for what's right about Minnesota: neighbors shoveling each other's sidewalks.

A metaphor for what's wrong about Minnesota: too many neighborhoods without sidewalks.

homeinthecities said...

I just found your blog on houseblogs.net (I'm in MPLS, too), and was amazed by your post since the same thing happened to me on Tuesday! One of my sweet neighbors cleared our sidewalk!

Also, saw your oven comment and can sympathize. We don't have an oven at all (but its been recently brought to my attention that cookies can be made on a foreman grill... something I'll be testing out this weekend...).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin