Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fake Green

Well, I finally was able to get about 2/3 of my leaves mulched and in my compost bin. I should probably pretend like I am uber green and mulch to save the world's land fills, avoid using plastic bags, etc., etc., etc.

In all honesty, it's because I missed the last city leaf pick-up. I'll get the remaining third mulched this coming weekend, assuming we don't have snow.

I have been pleasantly surprised that I am not the last one on my block with leaves still on the ground. It makes me feel like less of a slacker. Lawn stuff is just not my thing.

4 comments:

Garden Monkey said...

Agreed!! I have YET to begin the mulching.

Jennifer said...

Oo... I haven't even raked ONCE! I was waiting till all the leaves came down. Well, they're down... and I got sick! Excuses.

My plan is to simply rake them all onto the flowerbeds... no fuss, no mess!

Terra home compost bin said...

We are dealing with a few inches of snow up here in Ontario. I would love to see leaves right now! Purchased a new ice scrapper, de-icer, and winter mats, so I think I'm now ready.

HaveFaith said...

We raked all day on Monday. Couldn't move on Tuesday or Wednesday. What a trade-off. Getting old isn't for sissies. We are mulching for the first time this year and we are starting to get some pretty good looking "stuff". I can't wait to see what it looks like in spring.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin