Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bargaining Gone Awry

I laid in bed each morning for the past two weeks bargaining with God. I desperately wanted out of raking the leaves in my yard. I was thinking it would be quite convenient if divine intervention would produce a couple of neighborhood kids knocking on my door asking to rake my lawn for extra cash.

Here's what I learned about bargaining with God. You need to spell things out. You need to be specific and very clear.

I really have no one to blame but myself. I was too vague. I certainly got out of raking leaves. By contracting double (walking) pneumonia. Ugh. So, now by the time I get back up & running, I will be raking snow & leaves in the cold.

Lesson learned (violins softly playing in the background).

6 comments:

NV said...

OH NO! Please get better! Been there and done that some years ago. Not fun at all.

Gene said...

Ugh! Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I got out of raking leaves a few years ago when I bought a new lawn mower with a bag. I simply go out once a week and mow the leaves, takes a few emptings of the bag, but it's easier and much faster than raking leaves.

Chris said...

Sheesh! I know three people here who have walking pneumonia! I'll be praying (very specifically, I might add) that you get better! Take care!

StuccoHouse said...

Thanks, all :-)

And Chris, thanks for those very specific prayers....and a nice chuckle.

Gary said...

I bargained with God before I was born. When he said brains, I thought he said pains and asked for as few as possible!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin