Sunday, October 05, 2008

Turning the Corner

I had big plans this weekend, but woke up Saturday with a whopping headache. I did manage to haul myself outside and up a ladder long enough to treat the corners of the fascia board I have been working on for the past few weeks with wood consolidator and wood epoxy.

The wood just sucked in the consolidator, which is good. I want the wood saturated with the stuff. I probably used close to 3/4 a cup on the two ends. I've learned over the years working with this stuff that the WoodEpox works a lot better if you use the LiquidWood first and leave it wet. It's a little counter intuitive, but the thicker the layer of epoxy you put on, the faster it cures.

I'm hoping the epoxy had enough time to cure overnight, because I woke up to a rain downpour this morning. I think it should be ok as the WoodEpox was already setting up yesterday as I was putting on the finishing touches.

It doesn't look like much right now, but once sanded it should make a pretty solid and seamless repair. I'm hoping I will still have time to paint that board before we get any snow.

2 comments:

NV said...

Good luck! I empathize with you as i'm playing beat the clock with Mother Nature, too! here's hoping for Indian summer.

StuccoHouse said...

NV - I swear I wouldn't get anything done without the threat of snow annually :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin