Friday, October 31, 2008

House Anniversary

Six years ago today, I sat among all of my earthly belongings in boxes and handed out candy to the kids in my new neighborhood. I had moved into StuccoHouse that afternoon.

On that day, I thought the stains on the hardwood floors were water from open windows, that my sewer was in fine condition, there was absolutely no rot on my house, and that it would take me 2 years to fully restore the house.

Tonight I will sit near my unassembled (yet, cleaner) stove on my patched hardwood floor and hand out candy to those same kids. In between trick-or-treaters, I'll chew on TootsieRolls and contemplate whether I'll be done with this house by my 10 year anniversary.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy House Anniversary! We thought we'd be done in two. Funny how things are!

Gary said...

Ha, ha! We are 7 years into our three year project and there is no end in sight!

Dave + Jodie said...

Congrats on the anniversary and thanks for keeping a wondeful record of the work you've done. My wife and I just bought a bungalow. It only took 2 weeks before I began asking "What have we gotten ourselves into now"? Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the great work!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin