Sunday, September 07, 2008

Small Sections

I spent Saturday scraping paint. It was perfect weather - 70 degrees & sunny. It's actually a little therapeutic to stand on a ladder and scrape off old paint in the sun.

There is one section of paint that refused to budge with a scraper and will probably need chemical stripper....or me with a rested arm. I will also need to epoxy the corner. Then sand the whole area to fresh wood. I should be able to prime and paint this section by next weekend.

(You can see the patina the copper drip edge has developed in a year)



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looking good! I'm going to have to do this soon, too.

Tiny Oak Park Bungalow said...

Nice. It's good to see that, unlike my garage, you can scrape paint without removing the wood with it. Can't wait to see it freshly painted. And yes, I agree about the therapudic nature of doing mindless work in the sun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin