Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Twin

I was bored this afternoon, so I pulled out the August issue of Old House Journal. I was paging through the stories when all of a sudden I saw a photo of something that looked very familiar.

A few months ago I wrote a post about a door handle I had inherited from my late uncle. I had been guessing it was from one of my ancestor's old German farms in Southern Minnesota.

There in this month's magazine was an article on restoring a patina on old hardware. At the top of the article was a photo of an identical twin to my door handle.....down to the orange finish.

We are talking i-d-e-n-t-i-c-a-l.

I sent off an email to the Old House Journal asking if the author of the article has any more info. about the history of the door handle. We'll see if I receive a response. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How neat! I hope they answer you back.

1915bung said...

There is an antique Hardware Association that I am sure could get you some information on your doorset. http://www.antiquedoorknobs.org/NewsletterArchives.htm

Blog Widget by LinkWithin