Monday, July 21, 2008

Mulch, Mulch and More Mulch

I think I chose the hottest, most humid day to decide to go get mulch from one of the nearby free city mulch piles to use on the side of my house. 6 - 18 gallon bins full. It was not a pretty sight.

I dug up a gazillion hostas earlier this summer and the bare dirt was growing a nice batch of weeds. My poor neighbor has been looking at my peeling paint trim for a year now....he didn't need to be subjected to my weeds too. The remaining black-eyed susans should be blooming soon.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has not finished mulching yet... it's not August yet is it?

StuccoHouse said...

If it makes you feel any better, there were scads of people at the mulch pile along with me, so we aren't the only slackers :-) Of course, they may have been just "topping off" their already mulched gardens.....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin