Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Gore Shot

Warning: Do not read this if you are squeemish.

As requested, the gore shot.

The cut goes from the top of my finger down to the nail bed and splits the finger through and through. I'm actually lucky it was a clean cut and at an angle that misses the bone. The lower half of the nail is gone now and there are stiches all around.

They (and I suppose me too) are worried that the right side will not retain feeling or may not reattach. That's why the referral to the hand surgeon. I have a very high pain tolerance, but this one hurts like the dickens.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Ouch! The photo is bad enough and your description just leaves me squirming. I hope you make a full and smooth recovery, Stucco.

Mike said...

Ooooh, I just read both of your posts now, I'm very glad to hear that it wasn't worse.

I still carry the scar across the back of my left hand from the limb saw. As a musician I have a near neurotic fear of power tools!

Here's to a good convalescence!

Jennifer said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OOOOOOOOO! I shouldn't have looked. I'm hoping for your full recovery... with FULL feeling!

StuccoHouse said...

Sorry for the gore. All's well that ends well. Went to the hand doctor this morning and she said all should heal just fine....even if it looks all lopsided now.

Mike - funny you should say that. I had some time on my hands in urgent care and got to thinking about some weird things...including if famous piano players & surgeons cut their own hedges.

Greg said...

Ouch! Oh man, I missed this one. Maybe its good I did.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin