Sunday, January 27, 2008

StuccoHouse Lite

My last post sucked the life out of a few readers, so today's post will be StuccoHouse lite.

A while ago (ok, a really long time ago) someone posted a comment asking to see photos of the tiger & bird's eye maple floor boards in my upstairs sunroom.

Hard to imagine that at one time this was considered inferior flooring, covered with very dark stain to hide the "flaws" and used as a cheap solution in out of the way rooms.

A while back, Petch House did a very cool post about tiger redwood.












8 comments:

Nate said...

I have a couple birds eye floorboards upstairs in my house. Unfortunately they tried to hide them in the hall closet! At least I know they're there, right? So cool!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. That wood is all over the second floor of my house. I too like it.

Guardian

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous flooring. It looks so nice! Funny how asthetics change.

I've really been enjoying your window series, by the way... it's giving me the courage to start on MY windows when the weather warms up enough to remove one of them!

Tiny Oak Park Bungalow said...

Cool wood. We have it in our kitchen. I wish I had a second floor to have wood on. BTW, I liked the window posts.

StuccoHouse said...

I really do like the tiger maple boards best. They actually look crooked and like they are textured.

Thanks for the feedback on the windows series. I hope I'm not scaring anyone off...just trying to give as much detail as I can. The third post is in the works.

Joe said...

I was looking at a bungalow for sale here in Portland a few years back that had the entire living room floor done in birds-eye maple. I can't even imagine what that would cost to do today.

Bungalow Monster said...

Is this sunroom the room seen from the front of your house with a face of glass?

It's obvious, your home is in good hands! Keep up the great work!

StuccoHouse said...

The sunroom is on the second floor with a bank of windows. It gets a lot of sun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin