Thursday, December 27, 2007

Travel Prints

This afternoon I picked up from my framer a print I bought while in Oregon. I dropped the print off before Christmas, and I spent a long time finding the perfect frame. I think it turned out well. I have a second print that I dropped off today to be framed using the same frame.

These travel prints are created by a commercial illustrator named Paul Lanquist. He fashioned them after illustrators' work from the 1920's, 30's & 40's.

The prints remind me of Works Progress Administration (WPA) art of Depression era projects, and I think they fit well in my bungalow. He also has prints of the Timberline Lodge (I visited it, but I vow to stay in the lodge sometime before I die) and the Oregon Coast that I may add to my collection at some point.

2 comments:

Kathy from NJ said...

That is a very beautiful frame - it's perfect for the print. I'm looking forward to seeing them hung on the wall.

StuccoHouse said...

Thanks, Kathy. I'm anxious to see the other one too. I haven't decided where they will go....maybe my office (a nice tax deduction) or maybe the dining room.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin