Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Red or Green?

This is the sum total of Christmas decorating that will be done at StuccoHouse this year. I plan to put one bulb up on my front porch light. For the life of me I can't imagine creating yet another mess that I will need to clean up again in a few weeks.

If I put up the light and it doesn't seem enough, I may also set up my Frankoma Nativity set. It's one of those sets where you purchase a few pieces every year. Unfortunately, the company was sold last year and they stopped production - right before the wiseman were to be issued. For a while it looked like I had sunk my money into a set that would never be complete. I just didn't have the heart to put up the set and watch baby Jesus laying there waiting for the Kings bearing gifts when I knew they were not going to show up. But, just last week I checked their website and they are now selling the remaining wisemen. When I called to place my order she was missing one of the wisemen, but she agreed to send me the rest. I guess two Kings are better than none.

I still haven't decided if I should use the red or the green bulb.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Cool! I vote for the green one! You are right, 2 are better than none at all.

Mike&Angie said...

I say "GO GREEN". For some reason when I see red, I think more of a Halloween color...

StuccoHouse said...

Green it is! I think you are right, red might have gone over the tacky edge ;-)

And good news on the mssing wiseman.....they are shipping him out after the holidays.

Omar said...

This is a good idea, I dread getting up on my porch to put up some xmas lights. If I don't get it done this weekend it aint gonna happen, so we'll see.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin