Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Portland - The Views

This was my second trip to Portland, Oregon. The first time I visited Oregon was for work...and it was very reluctantly. No one ever talks about Oregon, so what could be worth seeing, right? I was blown away at how beautiful it is.

On my first trip out there I had more time to spend, so I was able to see many of the sights....from the coast inland to Mount Hood. This visit I had less free time, so I had to hit the ground running.

I knew I had to see the Columbia River Gorge and the waterfalls again this trip. I will admit to you that I snuck out of a work session in order to make it happen. Shhhh.

Of course, the next day I did what every old house owner visiting Portland is compelled to do.......

6 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful photos! Breathtaking scenery in Oregon...although, Washington's not half bad either ;) Is the waterfall Multnomah Falls?

StuccoHouse said...

Chris - I have a suspicion I'd also like Washington. After all, isn't one side of those river pics WA? I'd love to visit Mount St. Helena (have just seen it in the distance), Seattle, the N. coast, etc. It is Multnomah Falls (I was just too lazy when posting to get up and go look up how to spell it). You solved that problem :-)

Derek said...

I assume you mean Rejuvenation Hardware, that's where we dropped in last time we were there.

Josh @ Bungalow '23 said...

Wow! Great photos.

I'll second Derek's guess of Rejuvenation, though I thought you had put some kind of a boycott on them after they wouldn't ship you trim. Am I misremembering?

StuccoHouse said...

Ah, the boycott spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak ;-) Read about my trip to Rejuventation in my next post.

Dawn said...

I'm originally from MN (about 45 min south of Minneapolis) and now live in Portland. It's the best! No one understands until they come to visit. :) Glad you had a good time! I still haven't had a chance to visit all the awesome restoration resources we have in town!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin