Monday, October 15, 2007

Severe Disenchantment

I am currently disenchanted with my house.

I have a kitchen sink totally out of commission with a big hole in the drain pipe.

For the better part of the morning, I listened to a flapping noise in my basement that I strongly suspect was a bat. He refused to fly out the open back door to save his stupid life.

And this afternoon, I met with roofers to get bids to repair the hole that the copper edge roofers were supposed to repair. The first words out of their mouths were "why didn't the copper drip edge guys do this?" I smiled politely and forced myself not to scream or cry.

So, tonight I am ordering out and sitting in front of the tv to watch Dancing with the Stars all the while pretending I own a new house in good repair.

5 comments:

Ranty said...

Sorry about the obstacles. :-( I can totally sympathize.

Sounds like you deserve your takeout, TV, and probably a lot more!

P.S. It seems late in the year for bats in the basement. Typically (well, in my experience, anyway) this happens in or around August, when brown bats are weaning their young, who are just learning to use sonar. If you have them in your attic, their babies can get stuck in the walls and end up all over the house (via vents, etc) as they confusedly try to find their way outside.

I'm interested to hear what you find down there...

Greg said...

I saw your comment on the OHW and just had to see what it was all about.

This too shall pass.

jm said...

Argh. I wish I lived in Minneapolis. I'd come over to check out your basement for you. And I'd bring cookies. (To you, and not the bat.)http:

Dawn said...

OMG I HATE BATS! I'd be freaking out and hiding under the covers comatose scared it would get upstairs and attack me! Eek!

StuccoHouse said...

Oh, one day I will write a long post about bats. Some time will need to pass before I do this though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin