Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's Like a Heat Wave

Last year at about this time I wrote a whiney post about how cold it was in my bedroom because I had the window sashes out to be restored and hadn't had time to reinstall them.

Someone (for the life of me I can't remember who and wasn't able to find the comment - speak up if it was you) posted a comment about their beloved heated matress pad and how it kept them toasty throughout the winter. This idea stuck with me.

So, this year as it started to turn cold (no, I STILL have not reinstalled the window sashes - get off my back ;-)) I hunted down a Lands End catalog to take a look at their heated matress pad offerings. I ended up ordering their HeatComfort Matress pad.

It arrived last week, and I put it on my bed. I can see the allure of this thing. You turn it on, it warms your bed, you forget all of your worries and you fall into a coma-like sleep. As Martha would say "it's a good thing."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(no, I STILL have not reinstalled the window sashes - get off my back ;-))

======

I think I'm in love with you. Here I've been feeling all inferior to you with all you do ...

:)

StuccoHouse said...

Lol. I'm not sure what my problem is with those sashes. They have been totally restored, I have the ropes & weights ready to go, and I have the trim primed.

Just. Can't. Put. Them. In.

The nice thing about a blog is that you can lead everyone to believe you start and finish projects promptly. Maybe I'll do a post on the bathroom sink that has languished by my back stairs for a year....or the exposed furring strips on the ceiling in my kitchen :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin