Saturday, September 22, 2007

Somehow Just Off

Well, I just got off the phone. I left a message for the drip edge fabricator.

I've been out working on the entryway today and the arch of the copper overhang is just not what it should be. Yesterday, I mentioned wood trim showing out of the bottom of the coper in some spots. I had hoped a good night sleep would make that go away. While the new drip edge is miles better than the old snipped aluminum, today I came to terms with the fact that a fabricated drip edge (that I'm paying a lot of money for) should fit like a glove. This one doesn't.

I asked the fabricator to come out and have a look - I suspect the installers will confirm what I'm saying. I just hope they handle this decently. So disappointing. I actually got off the phone and had a mini-cry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{hugs}}}

Derek said...

It's so disappointing when things aren't exactly how we picture them. Especially when you pay good money for something. Round shapes are difficult to work with, hopefully they can work it out.

StuccoHouse said...

Anon - Thanks for the hug :-) I was having a bit of a pity party for myself when I wrote that post.

Derek - Yea, I can see that the arch could be a problem. Sounds like they have a solution for me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin