Thursday, August 30, 2007

Unscrupulous

Wow, these jokers have a whole other affiliated website that has even more pirated blog posts. They removed 6 more of mine today....some from this site.

I think I can pretty much guarantee that I'm not the only house blogger that has had posts lifted.

Here's a link to the new site

Take a look at what they did to this poor guy's post. Note their big fat logo hacked at the top and their contact info at the bottom.

It's like a bad accident from which I just can't peel my eyes away.....

7 comments:

The Litter Box House said...

Are you going to tell us how you figured out that they were stealing your material? I went to Ranty's friend's post on Google Alerts, but I was wondering if you had a different method...

Gary said...

If you see any of my posts let me know. I have a big box of raccoon poop that I can send them!

Josh @ Bungalow '23 said...

Okay, I'm officially paranoid. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, Stucco, but thanks for sharing. Like litter box I'd like to know how you discovered this theft. Setting up a google alert for every blog post seems like an enormous pain.

StuccoHouse said...

I'll post something in the place only house blog owners love to read ;-)

Dulcie said...

WTF! And I love that it is for a copper company, so they link all blogs that have to do with copper -- like a football player with the last name Copper and Lindsey Lohan's "copper-tone" tan! That is so dumb.

StuccoHouse said...

Ok, I shared all the techie info. house blog owners may like to know over there - be sure sign in.

StuccoHouse said...

Well, I have been learning a whole bunch about SCRAPING and SPLOGGING in the past few days - which is exactly what our little "web designer" over at Wiliam in Sydney, Australia is doing for his clients.

Here are two great links:

First, why they do it:
www.plagiarismtoday.com/

And for reporting (I have to say, very satisfying):
www.plagiarismtoday.com/dmca-contact-information/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin