Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Stormy Weather

Today much of the Twin Cities spent the day under a weather progression from thunderstorm watch...to tornado watch...to serious hail....to tornado warning.

Where was I as the tornado warning siren sounded? Up on my roof priming a small little triangle of original shingles that appear in the tiny space above the windows on my dormer.

They used to be partially covered by the now-gone aluminum trim. It's one area that I didn't have to worry about stripping off old paint....coudn't even if I wanted to. If you can look past all of the crud, the shingles are actually kind of cool. They have a very pronounced faux wood grain to them.

It's not much, but I'm trying to build confidence and get some of the easier mini-steps out of the way before tackling the big stuff.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin