Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Scream Heard Round the Block

Oh, I was so not the happy camper this morning.

I woke up this morning and went outside only to find that my neighbor had mowed 3-4 feet into MY boulevard grass. INTO MY FRESHLY PLANTED, NEWLY SPROUTED, STILL BABY SOFT.....BOULEVARD GRASS. He cut down the new blades and totally trampled over the new sprouts from the second seeding I did last weekend.

If you read my blog, you may remember reading (admitedly boring posts) about the past three weeks I spent hauling dirt, spreading fertilizer, seeding, watering said seeds daily, and generally fretting over my newly planted grass.

I am so lucky none of my neighbors were outside this morning when I spotted this. Words came out of my mouth that would have changed their opinion of me forever.

So, up until this point I had refrained from posting "Keep Off The Grass" signs because I thought they were tacky....and well.....ummmm.....it was so obvious. My first trip this morning (after my cool down latte) was to the damn hardware store to buy $10 worth of stakes & bright yellow tape.

Good grief.

2 comments:

aaron said...

Are you sure it wasn't deer eating your grass? Deer ate my neighbor's tulips down to the ground. They also ate the pine bushes in my front yard.

I'm sure the signs will make those deer think twice about eating your grass now, though :)

StuccoHouse said...

If only ;-) The last time a deer was seen in these parts was probably about the time my house was built (1920's). I live smack dab in the middle of the city ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin