Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Flowers, etc.

It's time once again for me to post my annual notice of the Friends School Plant Sale. It's May 11, 12 & 13 at the Minnesota State Fair Grandstand.


I'm not affiliated with the school in any way; it's just a really good sale.

Even if you don't go to the sale, download their catalog. It's like a mini course in midwest gardening. I noticed they also have started a garden blog that highlights some of the new plants that will be at the sale this year (even more heirloom tomatos!)...midwest gardening tips....

I've posted about the sale for the past 4 years, so if you are interested in reading about sale strategy, types of plants I found, etc. use the "Friends Plant Sale" label below to pull up those older posts.

This year I'm hoping to pick up my garden veggies (of course) and then a climbing rose, and some more heirloom perennials for my backyard garden.......and maybe some more plants for the side.....and the front. You see how it goes??

3 comments:

The Litter Box House said...

I too am getting the flower bug now that my tulips and grape hyacinths are popping up! I've avoided paying for plants in the past 1.5 years (spent only $10 so far) by going to free plant exchanges, but this year I have specific needs. I can't wait to go shopping! I've been putting together a list using a The Garden Book for Wisconsin by Melinda Myers. Very easy to use, but I wish it had more native plants...I also love visiting the local Arboretum in Madison to get ideas.

I think I'll look at your school's catalog to get more info. Thanks.

Janet said...

Litter Box,

Prairie Nursery in Westfield sells natives. Their clearance sale is June 16. http://www.prairienursery.com/pn_info/nursery_tour.htm

StuccoHouse said...

Litterbox - Definitely check out the catalog.....they have a large section on natives wildflowers, woodland wild flowers and native grasses. There is a lot of interesting info. there.

Here a link to the MN Native Plant Society (also coveres WI): www.mnnps.org

Blog Widget by LinkWithin