Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Perfect Storm

All we have been hearing here in MN for the past week is.....blah, blah, blah, temps of -20, blah, blah, blah, windchills of -40, blah, blah, blah, skin can freeze in 10 minutes, blah, blah. It's cold out.

Tomorrow everyone except me will be watching football. I don't get football. Baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, yes. Football, no. I have had countless people try to patiently explain it to me over the years. Yawn. If I'm forced to watch it, I clap for the team with the best color of uniforms. But if I have my choice, I'd rather do something else.

Cold weather keeping me cooped up indoors with no one to talk to. The perfect storm of boredom.

I've experienced this boredom on Super Bowl Sundays past. I know what to expect. It's driven me to paint entire rooms. It's motivated me to tear down bathroom wallpaper.

I can already hear a quiet whisper in my head telling me that tearing down my kitchen ceiling tile might be just the project for me to start tomorrow. Rationally, I know pulling down that ceiling is a can of worms. Maybe painting the upstairs......

2 comments:

Greg said...

That's funny because football is the only sport I do follow and enjoy. The rest leave me yawning.

Here, let me explain football to you....

Jocelyn said...

I have never been able to get into football either, but I haven't really tried that hard. Of course, coming from a total non-sports family- no one watched ANY or followed ANY, it's not such a surprise. I've actually never even watched a Super Bowl. This time, since it's a Chicago team, I feel like I should at least pay a little attention so not to alienate those around me, but it still kinda bores me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin