Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What I Got for Christmas

I am an undercover Martha fan. I'm a long time subscriber to two of her magazines (Living and Food). When she went to jail, I renewed both subscriptions for two years in solidarity. I keep each past issue of Living in magazine containers in my basement filed according to month. Few people would suspect I'm a fan and I rarely admit it in public, but there you have it.

So, you can imagine my secret delight when I found that one of my Christmas presents was a copy of her new book, "Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook." 744 pages full of everything you ever will need to know about maintaining a house (apartment, condo, shack, whatever).

The book is divided into 7 sections: Introduction, Room by Room, Throughout the House, Comfort and Safety. Moving, Materials Guide, and References. The topics range from the different types of wax to use on floors, furniture, countertops........to what to do in the case of identity theft......and everything in between.

I know this book will be put to good use at StuccoHouse (we already used it to remove a beet stain on the Christmas dinner tablecloth). I also think that anyone (male or female) that owns a house would find the book very useful. An idea for that next housewarming gift you need to buy.

4 comments:

Dulcie said...

Martha rules! Stand proud.

The Litter Box House said...

Ah ha! Another undercover Martha lover. I'm with ya girl!

My interest in a MS keyrack...

Andrea

ben said...

I'd love to have a similar book that was printed when our house was built. It would be interesting to compare the "old fashioned" remedies with the modern teqhniques.

Josh said...

Funny! I bought that same book right before Christmas, too. I think I heard about it while looking at Martha's website for an apple pie recipe. Now I've just got to make time to read the 700+ page behemoth.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin