Thursday, November 02, 2006

City Taggers

I woke up this morning to the sound of a truck outside my house in the early morning hours. At first, my sleepy mind tried to remember if this was the day they were cleaning the streets.....and the sound was my car being towed (I got towed a few years ago during snow storm and that is an experience I never want to repeat). Then, still in bed, I decided it was probably the FedEx guy.

Well, I went out to run some errands this afternoon and saw some spray paint marks on the street. It took me a while to connect the dots. The city had been out to mark my natural gas lines for the guys who will be working on my sewer. Good idea. Blowing up my house in the process of putting in a new sewer line is something I'd like to avoid.

The new sewer goes in the week after next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I live in a 1925 stucco bungalow, (purchased earlier this year) so naturally I was drawn in to your blog! :) I'll be interested in following along with your progress.

StuccoHouse said...

I checked out your blog yesterday :-) Your house is adorable....I had to chuckle at your garage arrangments. Congrats on the new house! Definitely check in now and then....advice/comments/opinions from someone in a similar situatin is ALWAYS welcome.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin