Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Neighborhood

I rarely write about anything on my blog that is not at least somewhat related to my house and it's restoration and maintenance. Ok, maybe an occasional whine about how much I don't want to restore & maintain that day. But, I assume that you arrive at this blog because, well, it is a house blog and that's what you want to read about.

Having said that, yesterday I had the best cupcake that I have eaten in a really long time. I wanted to share this. But, alas it was not restoration or maintenance related. A quandry.

So, I decided to add a The Neighborhood section to my blog's sidebar. I'll add and remove sites as they dawn on me or as I tire of them - no post, just a periodically updated list ofmy favorite non-house spots in the 'hood.

The cupcake was from the Franklin Street Bakery. There, I got to share afterall.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Good idea! I like the neighborhood section, and I'd say that just about anything from the Franklin Street Bakery is the tops. Although I've been frequenting The Baker's Wife at 4200 28th Ave lately when I have a pastry craving. Amazing baked good there and it's just a block from the new Olson's Ace.

By the way, how do you like The Craftsman? I've been meaning to check it out but we always end up somewhere else.

jmm922 said...

I love a good cupcake and they aren't so easy to find :)

StuccoHouse said...

Neither the Baker's Wife or Olson's (I posted about them a few months ago) have websites, otherwise they would be on the list. I frequent both - I actually have company sweatshirts made at St. Mane on the oppostite corner :-) Also missing, but not forgotten: Matt's, CC Club, Adrians, Franks Plumbing. I haven't been to the Craftsman since they changed chefs, but maybe this weekend....

That cupcake. It was devine. Chocolate Ganache. I felt a wee bit guilty paying $2.25 for it. But after once bite, I would have paid $5 ;-) Funny thing, I am not a big sweets fan.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin