Friday, February 24, 2006

When Life Interrupts

I'm going through a split from my business partner of 5 yrs. We have decided to set up our own individual companies. Its a good thing and I should have done it a year or so ago.

But holy cow, it does take a lot of running around to get a new gig up and running. I've been filing company paperwork; designing new business cards, letterhead, brochures, website, getting printing done, setting up new email, completing all of my existing work...and the list goes on. Amazingly, I think its coming together to be mostly done by the end of next week. Whew!

Occassionally I've read other HouseBloggers that post about how changes in work result in their house projects coming to a screaching halt. Boy I can relate :-) Its amazing how little time it leaves for anything else in your life when work gets stressful.

But next week watch for a post & pictures of the items I had replated for my bathroom :-)

3 comments:

Jeff said...

My staff has just been cut in half, so where I had someone getting some prep work done for me, I have no one, except me, so we're soaking up other duties, thus spending longer hours at work, equaling less time for house work. Ugh, sucks the wind out of your sails.........

StuccoHouse said...

Its amazing the effect your job can have on the rest of your life. I work in a fairly volatile industry and have been through a career change, regional shutdown, reorganizations, a not so nice boss, a not so ethical boss, an employer on the verge of bankruptcy, and self-employment. As stressful as each one has been, its always turned out for th best. But it sure is time consuming :-)

Jocelyn said...

I know what you mean also. Steve has his own business and many times we've had delays when he gets busy. At my job, it's more when it gets really draining and demanding (I do admin-type work and everything thinks you are there to "help them" but forgets you might need help sometimes) I ease up on work for fear my job might suffer. I don't like it, but really everything is wax and wane...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin