Monday, September 05, 2005

Nature. Again.

A few months ago, for my birthday, my parents bought me a small garden statue of St. Francis for my backyard shade garden. He's the patron saint of animals, for those that don't follow that sort of thing. It seemed pretty fitting & a little humorous considering the parade of wildlife I've had going through there this past year.

This morning I ventured out to my vegetable garden to pick tomatoes and much to my surprise when I glanced over at the shade garden I spotted the ears, feet and fluffy little tail of what was once a rabbit laying at the feet of St. Francis surrounded by blooming hostas and bleeding hearts. Hovering overhead was a small cloud of flies. I'll spare you the photo of this one.

I'm thinking I may have a faulty statue.......

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin