Monday, September 12, 2005

Be Prepared

It's probably the ex-girlscout in me that was drawn to this little item. That, and the fact that Los Angeles is currently in the black out and New Orleans is still without power in most areas. Be Prepared. This is my new motto.

After all, tornado season is still here and winter snow storm season is just around the corner. Not to mention the ocassional road trip.

My new little LLBean radio is powered by a hand crank. No batteries or electricity needed. One minute of hand cranking produces an hour of radio play. It picks up both local and world news, AM/FM, weather band and TV band. And it even will charge my cell phone battery.

Very cool, I think. I love gadgets. Now if it would only scrape the paint off the rest of those windows.......

1 comment:

(Jim &) Brandy Brow said...

Be prepared. Wise advice. We're all living on borrowed time, anyway. Better not to take anything for granted. I wrote something similar in a fairly recent post title "Oblivious".

"But for the grace of God" keeps coming to me.

Brandy of The Building Brows blog

Blog Widget by LinkWithin