Tuesday, July 12, 2005

New Blog


I suppose it's only fitting that my new blog start off with another freakish backyard wildlife story. I've had a brief respite from racoons, brown squirrels, crows, ants and slugs. However while sitting in my backyard the other day, I was quite startled to have a white squirrel crawl under my fence. At first I thought it was a big white rat.....but the fluffy tail finally gave it away. Knowing no one would believe me at this point, I raced in to get my camera.

You can see my hew little buddy wrapped around a branch midway down the photo. Is a white squirrel sighting good luck or bad?

My old posts can still be found at my former AOL blog pages.

5 comments:

jm@houseinprogress said...

Cool! I found a white crow once (or it found me, long story) and I thought that it was incredibly GOOD luck.

Gary said...

Lucky or unlucky depends on the circumstance. You are considered "lucky" if you spot a shark in your swimming pool. "Unlucky" if you don't......

Old British joke, sorry....

Kim said...

I did see a squirrel with half a white tail once...must have been run over at some point-my explanation. I actually have some albino pillbugs or roly poly bugs. I thought they were cute until they started eating everything in site (like the slugs). I actually had not 1, but 2 shrews in my condo. Thank goodness for cats.

MandaLiet said...

That's so cool. I hope he stays, he's adorable. All I've found on my propery was a dead crow, I think that's probably bad mojo :(

StuccoHouse said...

Well, I'm relieved that consensus seems to think he is a good luck sign. I'm thinking I could use a little good luck :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin