Monday, July 11, 2005

Blogger

I'm contemplating a move from AOL Journals to Blogger.  I came to terms long ago with being part of computing for the masses at the lowest common denominator, but I periodically have a really disillusioning experience with AOL technical support that sends me over the edge.  Usually I solve it myself or just get over it as inertia sets in, but this time I think is different. 

Optional reading: Long story short: if the AOL tech, in his office somewhere across the world, is having the same problem I am having in my little home office......then it seems logical to me that it is an AOL systemwide problem and not something wrong with both of our computers.  And it alarms me that I, not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination, can figure this out......and the AOL tech can't.  Sigh.  Well, to their credit....after the first two techs couldn't figure out what was wrong and were accidentally "disconnected".......the third tech *did* realize this.  Heavy sigh. Rant over. 

This, and now Blogger hosts pictures.  I have gone so far as to set up a new Blogger site.  But, I'm now coming to the realization that in order to get the blog exactly the way I want it.......I will need to learn the behind the scenes of Blogger.  Also, from my test run Blogger seems to take an abnormally long time to update itself.  So, now I am mulling over how much time I want to spend on front of my computer....knowing how easily I can get sucked into these things......

Will keep you posted (no pun intended....well, maybe a little one).

1 comment:

fitzzer said...

I know exactly what you mean. I've had the same sort of problems and end up solving them myself. Or calling Dell instead. ~ Lori

Blog Widget by LinkWithin