Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Hear No Evil...

I suspect I'm not the only old house owner that sometimes feels this way.  There are times when you just don't want to know.  Ignorance is bliss and knowing can be expensive.

The yellow water was back yesterday afternoon I stood and stared at it running down the sink for a while trying to decide if I really needed to know what was causing it.  Or, if I even wanted to.  Gawd, I don't want to have to pay for any major plumbing....and my luck with plumbers has not always been good

I debated.  It could be a tiny little thing......or it could be that the PO that redid some of the plumbing didn't take it out to the street (strongly suspected) and the main line was finally failing.  It was the cold water, so it wasn't my heater....it was something on the main line.

Curiosity always wins with me....eventually.  I called the City Water Works Dept.  They referred me to their hydrant division.  I chatted with them a while....turns out that they are in the process of replacing hydrants (from the 1800s) in my neighborhood.  They assured me that chances are that the yellow is just sediment that was stirred up in the city lines while they worked. 

Whew.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin