Thursday, March 10, 2005

Don't Drink the Water

Well, we had a bit of a scare here at StuccoHouse last night.  The water coming out of the cold faucets was all a pale yellow!   I noticed it as I was about to brush my teeth.....eeew :-)

I was a little afraid that this was related to the rust that comes out of the kitchen cold faucet (started after the faucet fixture was replaced last summer).  The rust goes away after running the water for a second or two.  So, I've been in a tiny denial about this....and employing the "if you ignore it, it will go away" tactic.  

But...rust in the kitchen and yellow water everywhere else, leaves little room for denial.  Damn, a call to the plumber seemed inevitable.

Ah, but then I remembered that the street just down from me had been shut to traffic today.  I suspect they were working on the waterline.  Maybe also flushing the hydrants.  The yellow water was gone by bedtime.

Guess I'll give the city a call to confirm.  And go back into denial about the rust issue.  All is well with the world.

 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin