Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Tourist

I have an upcoming business trip to Portland. I do these trips a few times a year and usually exend my stay in the city for a weekend in order to see the sights. In anticipation of this, I sent away to the Portland Dept. of Tourism for maps and other brochures of interest. They came last week. So, I spent some time going over the highlights of Portland and Oregon in general. It seemed like a fun city & state and I started to look forward to the trip.

Maybe a drive up or down the coast, I was thinking. Then I put the maps away to watch American Idol. Some of my best thought seem to occur to me during the commercials.

OMG, Portland is the home of Rejuvenation and Schoolhouse Electric! How did I not remember this until now?!

I guess you know you are an old house junkie when one of your tourist stops are vintage lighting stores :-)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin