Sunday, February 13, 2005

Road Trip

I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to restoring my house. I wouldn't dream of removing or drastically altering anything original to my house. If it is missing, I spend a fair amount of time finding a historically accurate replacement.

However, my purist tendancies don't extend to furniture. I like a vintage look. I like antiques. I also like funky newer stuff. I'm not one to fill my house with strictly Stickley.

My furniture is a combo of pieces I have brought home from travels, items passed down to me from my grandmother, new pieces with a vintage look, antiques I have hauled home from shops and sales.

This is why I like Mudd Lake. Its a fun store. They carry a huge range of furniture items and house it all in an old barn. Its also a fun drive on a nice day.

We hit the low 50's last week and the sun was shining. My cabin fever is in full swing. So, I thought a nice drive out to Mudd Lake would be fun. I talked a friend into sneaking out early and drove through the small towns and farm fields that make up the trip. Not far out of the city, but just enough to make you feel like you've gone somewhere.

I didn't find anything I absolutely needed, but did get a nice lead on furniture makers that will do custom work on free standing kitchen buffets.....at an excellent price.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin