Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Doorbell

My doorbell rings very faintly. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I originally discovered there was a problem when people started to visit me after I first moved in. They would tell stories of standing at the front door watching me sitting on my livingroom couch watching tv oblivious while they rang the doorbell. I was less then 10 feet away from the front door.....and maybe 20 feet from the doorbell.

Last week I was waiting for a FedEx delivery. I was motivated to catch the delivery so I didn't have to go pick up the package, or do that annoying routine where you sign the slip and leave it at your front door and eventually they return with your package. So, I spent 3 days diligently listening for the doorbell. I started hearing false doorbells and would find myself running to the front door like a dope. Joke was on me when the FedEx guy came at 7am and just left the package at my side door.

I thought the FedEx story was done. Package had been delivered.

Not so quick. It seems this doorbell thing was a little more subconsciously stressful to me than I realized. For the past week I have been waking in the middle of the night to the sound of what my mind has imagined is a doorbell. Lol...I am hearing doorbells in my sleep.

Maybe I need to move "fix doorbell" a little higher on my To Do list.

P.S. Thanks for the emails. No, the foot is not broken. Still black & blue, but I will live. Although I do have an unnatural fear of going down my basement stairs.

P.P.S. - Nope, still no luck in finding a local old stove repair/restoration guy (or gal).

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin